Movement as Medicine for All Genders - Friday Mornings
03-03-2023 every 2 weeks on Friday to 19-12-2025
10:00 to 12:30
totnes, devon, EnglandBook online: click here to book
This group is for dancers who wish to explore their love of dancing in more depth with the support of a respectful and dedicated group.This is an ongoing journey together, the group continues with a good core of dancers with some shifts and changes each term, keeping it alive. The group is very warm and welcoming to newcomers, a real place of resource.
The first session of each term are open for newcomers to try, if there are still places avaialble in the group, pre-booking is recomended, after this the group is closed for the term. The cost is £17, if you join the group this would be deducted from the full cost.
Numbers are limited for this closed group, the last group few groups have been full so it is worth booking in advance if you know you wish to join us.
This group provides a safe and deeply nourishing container for explorations into movement as medicine, giving us a chance to really discover more of our individual dances in conversation with the dance we share between us. In a closed group we are able to build the trust that enables more freedom of expression and adventuring together. Over the term we can take a journey with each other and really call on the support of the practices of Movement Medicine that invite us into more of who we truly are. Some of the places we might visit along the way are:
• The simple practice of listening to, engaging with and truly inhabiting our physical bodies. This is the bedrock of our practice.
• The movement of and between our micro awareness, internal landscape, and macro awareness, all that is outside of us.
• The elements, earth, air, fire and water that we can call on as a resource and a place to remember that which we are made of.
• Yin and Yang - dancing with the archetypal feminine of listening, receiving and accepting what is; and the masculine of enagaging, encouraging and taking action; finding the creative dance between them.
• Unity and freedom - finding the place where we can move freely between being in our own dance and being in sync and connection with others.
Rosie has worked in depth with these ongoing movement groups since 2012. This is an ongoing journey together, the group continues with a good core of dancers and then some shifts and changes each term, keeping it alive. The group is very warm and welcoming to newcomers, a real place of resource.
Contact Rosie for information and to book.