On the longest day of the year, when the sun is in its fullest expression, we celebrate its power and take the opportunity to give thanks and call for its support. As part of this Solstice Ritual we will dance with the energy of the fire to bring light and strength to our intentions, and to offer them up as a prayer that will support and guide us on our journey. Through our dance, we ask for the Sun’s blessings for ourselves and all our relations.
This is a special event- a fundraiser for the Pachamama Alliance (www.pachamama.org) (more info at the bottom of the page) whose mission it is to empower indigenous people of the Amazon rainforest to preserve their lands and culture, as well as to educate and inspire individuals everywhere to bring forth a thriving, just and sustainable world. We feel that the Pachamama Alliance’s work is particularly pertinent at this time on the planet when we have much to learn more from indigenous traditions about honouring the delicate balance between giving and receiving from the Earth.
- TIME: please arrive between 19.10 and 19.20 as we wish to start together at 19.30.
- COST: suggested donation is a minimum of €20. This is a give-away so all proceeds (after covering the cost of the venue) will go to the Pachamama Alliance. Payment will be in cash only at the door.
- REGISTRATION: To secure your place, please book by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- LANGUAGE: Please note that facilitation will be in English
- WHAT TO BRING: Wear comfy and layered clothings (in order to adjust to changing temperature) Bring water (preferably in a reusable bottle- the Earth thanks you!)
WHY WE ARE DOING THIS
In July 2018, Petra Bongartz & Didier Perrouault will be taking part again in the School of Movement Medicine's annual 72 hour Summer Long Dance (www.schoolofmovementmedici
Petra & Didier